never be
forgotten.
NLogan's Retro Christmas

RETRORATING: 18

Little Nemo

RETRORATING: 12

Forum » Chew The Fat » Crash Bandicoot: The N.Sane Trilogy
Benjanime
Has anyone else thought about picking the game up, preorder or not? I have faith in how the full game will turn out after seeing its game demo (which isn't available in the digital PS store unfortunately) and I'm glad that Activision is aware that almost nobody liked Crash's look in 2007's Crash of the Titans game and giving his old look a neat, proper redesign. And for those of you who remember, Crash 1's checkpoint system originally wasn't programmed properly, but the remake has addressed an updated checkpoint and autosave system so you won't have to collect all the crates and complete a level in one sitting to obtain a gem like you had to deal with in the original game. Time Trials will also be in all three game remasters, which were originally introduced in crash bandicoot: warped, so this will add more replayability in Crash Bandicoot 1 and 2. The only nitpick I'd have to give is that the original voice actors didn't return, Lex Lang will replace Clancy Brown as Dr. Cortex, and Jess Harnell has replaced Brendan O' Brian with Crash's brief voice clips for his death animations and random noises. Overall I like how the game will have a more than acceptable $40 pricetag, so I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime

Rick Ace Rhodes
I didn't even know it about this. Well not only am I going to buy this, I'm going to play it until I have blistered thumbs covered in blood.
Quote Disable Sigs
*Insert funny signature here*
blueluigi
I think when I get the PS4 Pro, I'll get this game along with it. The N-Sane Trilogy is one of the games I'm really excited for, and would love to play it when I get the chance.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
I wasn't a Crash Bandicoot fan originally, but these remakes have my interest piqued. I may give these a go, especially at $40 bucks!
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Benjanime
here's an update i wasn't expecting it's great to see coco as a more recognizable character instead of being a minor one.

Quote Disable Sigs

Benjanime
this july 10th, n. sane trilogy will be out for xbox one, nintendo switch and pc.

Quote Disable Sigs

blueluigi
I have the PS4 version, but I do plan on getting it for the Switch, mainly for the portability. Although it is going to feel a little weird playing the first three games on a Nintendo console, as Crash was the official mascot for Playstation at the time the three games were released, so I always associated those games as Playstation exclusives. Still, it will be fun taking them on the go.

On a similar note, this could be a good opportunity to bring Crash over to the new Smash Bros game. I feel he would be a right fit as part of the roster, and appear next to Sonic as one of the gaming mascots that once used to compete with Nintendo at one point. And with the N-Sane Trilogy coming to the Switch, it would make so much sense for Crash to be included, as they can go with his N-Sane Trilogy design.
Quote Disable Sigs
Benjanime

i'm just wondering if the pc version will run at 60 fps. crash in smash would definitely be a game changer lol.

Quote Disable Sigs

Benjanime
as much as i hate to mention, there are actually people on facebook who've become quite salty about n. sane trilogy no longer being a ps4 exclusive, most likely because crash used to be sony's mascot for the ps1. i will admit it will be bizarre seeing crash on a nintendo system (after all the first ever crash bandicoot commercial was a guy in a crash costume outside of nintendo's offices calling them out and saying how amazing the game is lol).
Quote Disable Sigs

blueluigi
The game is now out for all platforms, for those of you who want to see how it compares, here it is.

And yes, Crash Bandicoot does indeed run at 60fps for the PC... and it looks so butter smooth. I almost want to get the PC version for that reason, but I don't know if I'm willing to triple dip, as I already plan on getting the Switch version. Maybe I'll wait until it's on sale on Steam.
Quote Disable Sigs
Benjanime
i heard a few steam users were having problems getting the pc version to run properly. i'll just wait until they fix the bugs before i decide to get that version.
Quote Disable Sigs

Go to page: