You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Suggestion Box » Update the layout sitewide
shakin steak
This site is not great to use. #1, orange text. If you reply directly, for some reason the code automatically puts in paragraph tags. Editing your reply and removing them makes the text turn to a normal black... sometimes. And editing the text of a post is particularly bad, with the post body appearing in a very tiny field, which is hard to navigate.

#2 Quoting doesn’t work on a phone. Clicking the quote button doesn’t do anything.

#3 Scaling. I get online mainly on iPhone XR or Firefox on a 2 year old laptop. Both views (desktop and mobile) could be better on both of those type platforms, and have trouble under large dimensions. Even on my previous phone (iPhone 4) stuff wasn’t the best.

I like a desktop computer, but can’t be on one much these days. And to be honest most people, even retroheads, do most of their internet access on a phone these days. This site should be more mobile-friendly. Both forum and front page/ articles and other features, including uploading pictures into forum posts. I think that would help get more users on here. I know it would help me be more active.

As always, I’m willing to help out if I can. Which is probably not much more than ideas and basic HTML 4... but I’m here for that, at the least.

Vaporman87
Yeah, the orange text thing has always been a head scratcher to me. And yeah, the quote function would be nice if it worked on a phone. Something to look into.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
jkatz
I too, would happily volunteer my web design skills to help...if I had any.

Maybe one day.
Quote Disable Sigs
The women of New Vegas ask me a lot if there's a Mrs. New Vegas. Well, of course there is! You're her. And you're still just as perfect as the day we met.
Rick Ace Rhodes
If we're bringing up suggestions, I only have one: can we change how we embed videos into articles and the forum? It's kind of a pain to do it the way it is now.
Quote Disable Sigs
*Insert funny signature here*
Vaporman87
Rick Ace Rhodes wrote :

If we're bringing up suggestions, I only have one: can we change how we embed videos into articles and the forum? It's kind of a pain to do it the way it is now.
-end quote
Really? It's pretty easy actually. You just copy the embed code from YouTube and click the film reel icon up in the text area, enter the embed code, and you're done. 
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Benjanime
i need to figure out how to embed two or more youtube videos in a single article without the embed code turning into a mess
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Rick Ace Rhodes
Vaporman87 wrote :

Rick Ace Rhodes wrote :

-end quote
Really? It's pretty easy actually. You just copy the embed code from YouTube and click the film reel icon up in the text area, enter the embed code, and you're done. 
-end quote
It can kind of be a pain at times. It's kind of messy to go through the article code and insert the proper embed code for the video you want. Especially if your someone like me who likes to write ahead and insert photos/videos later. I have to scroll through paragraphs of writing to find the right spot. The doesn't even include aligning it properly.

I would rather if it's possible to just do what we have with the insert image feature: just put in the URL link and the video is inserted into whatever spot you currently have the cursor at.
Quote Disable Sigs
*Insert funny signature here*
Benjanime
@rick

retrojunk had a youtube button at the convenience of making embedding a piece of cake, i believe i suggested having that feature being on here a few years back, i'm sure it could be done
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Vaporman87
Rakesh and I have been discussing the changes mentioned here, and some of them will be implemented in the coming days. 
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
ThatDudeintheHoodie
I think there should be public user pages that has all their articles in one spot.
Quote Disable Sigs
shakin steak
Sweet.

I don't remember making this thread.
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: