never be
forgotten.
Foods Long Gone:  The Sequel

RETRORATING: 13

How I Got My NES

RETRORATING: 13

Forum » Retro Products » Action Figures You Had As a Kid
Mr Magic

I was just thinking about these Street Fighter figures I once had. One of them was a Dhalsim figure and the other one was a Blanka figure. I'm pretty sure this was the same one.

Anyway, I remember one time, we pulled his long hair off and he ended up bald. We just couldn't stop laughing! XD 

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87

Nah, it wasn't this. This is a Super7 "ReAction" style figure. It's a new figure made to look like the old 3.75" figures.

My favorite action figures growing up were (big surprise here) Masters of the Universe. I also had several G.I. Joes, ThunderCats, Secret Wars, Transformers, Star Wars, GoBots, and a few random figures from lines like Crystar and the DC line.

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic

It's new?! I had no idea! Well, color me embarassed!

Anyway, I had a few of those tall G.I. Joe "Hall of Fame" figures.

Vaporman87 wrote :

Nah, it wasn't this. This is a Super7 "ReAction" style figure. It's a new figure made to look like the old 3.75" figures.

My favorite action figures growing up were (big surprise here) Masters of the Universe. I also had several G.I. Joes, ThunderCats, Secret Wars, Transformers, Star Wars, GoBots, and a few random figures from lines like Crystar and the DC line.

-end quote

Quote Disable Sigs

echidna64

I was really big into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Before my dad quit his job, he was making good money and I almost had a full TMNT action figure collection. The crown jewel was the Techndrome which was just a really cool playset. 

Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87

Yeah the TechnoDrome was a "holy grail" playset, along with the Eternia playset and the U.S.S. Flagg. 

echidna64 wrote :

I was really big into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Before my dad quit his job, he was making good money and I almost had a full TMNT action figure collection. The crown jewel was the Techndrome which was just a really cool playset. 

-end quote

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic

I had that one! What a Christmas that was!

echidna64 wrote :

-end quote

Quote Disable Sigs

pikachulover

I didn't really collect many action figures as a kid. Some of my favirotes were the Darkwing Duck ones. I had all the good guys and Tuskaninny. They were the same scale as my Minnie n Me figures.

I had few MMPR figures a Pink Ranger and a Snizard.

Quote Disable Sigs
Rick Ace Rhodes

I myself had a lot of Power Rangers figures. From MMPR to Time Force they were my go to toy. I had a big Transformers craze as well. Beast Wars, 2001 RID and Armada. I also collected some from the movie era when I wanted to do stop motions.

When Small Soldiers was released I was also into that. I also had a few Batman Beyond figures from the cartoon series.

Quote Disable Sigs
*Insert funny signature here*
onipar

TechnoDrome!  That's amazing!

I actually still have most of the action figures I got as a kid. I should post pics or do an article one day.

My favs were probably the TMNT, and they were also the only ones I opened and actually played with. I had the Turtle Blimp at one point, but that is gone, alas.

I also have (on the card) Pirates of Darkwater, Battle Trolls, Uncanny X-Men, Bucky O'Hare, Dick Tracy, and some random Crash Test Dummy stuff. I think I'm forgetting some stuff...

I used ot also love those Trash Bag Bunch figures, which I OF COURSE had to open and dunk in water to watch them fizz and everything. I only have one or two still. Wish I saved one on the card of those. 

OH! And Supernaturals! I don't have any of those anymore, but I did when I was a kid. They were aweseome. Wish I saved those. 

I was a huge fan of Thundercats, but for some reason never had the toys. 

Quote Disable Sigs
www.AnthonyJRapino.com
Vaporman87

Supernaturals were pretty cool. I think they are bringing those back, or already have.

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
echidna64

That Turtle blimp is legit! Same with Shredder's Drill Vehicle, pure 90's awesomeness

Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: