never be
forgotten.
Christmas Yuleogy

CONTEST WINNER!

vkimo's Christmas Special

CONTEST WINNER!

Forum » Chew The Fat » Memories of Blockbuster Video
Benjanime
yeah, i know there's already a thread on this at retrojunk.com, but i thought i'd share my own as well as hear everyone else's.

two memories i had was when sonic the hedgehog 3 was first released, and when there was a contest going on to see who can beat a level in less than a minute. i vaguely remember the prize for achieving it, but it didn't matter to me anyway.

another was when the nintendo 64 had just launched, and they had a kiosk with super mario 64, as well as a short-lived display of the virtual boy.

i also recall renting a few sega cd and sega genesis games from here, thus ending up finding about some rather interesting game gems and buying them later on in my life.

what were your memories of this store?

Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime

shakin steak
Wow! what a difference...
Quote Disable Sigs
Benjanime
yep. i'm surprised that the store didn't go back to that kind of thing
Quote Disable Sigs

Vaporman87
What? This conversation has lost me.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
My memories consist of going there after a hard day at elementary school on Fridays and picking out what Sega Genesis games I wanted to play. I also remember playing Pokemon Snap there as well and trying out the Virtual Boy as well.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Derk
I have to agree with Shakin Steak. In my opinion, basically importing threads from Retro Junk isn't going to make this place any better or 'fresher'. For a minute, I was browsing this thread and trying to find my post. Then I realized that was on Retro Junk...

But yeah, I hate to come across as rude/hijack this thread, but rehashing things from Retro Junk isn't the way to go. Some threads (of the 'What did you buy today's', for example) I can understand.

But anyway, I apologize for ranting and rambling.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
I have less memories of Blockbuster, and more memories of a little grocery store called Vaughan's that operated here locally for many years (before closing, naturally). My brother and I would scour the rental area for anything SNES. They had a ton of SNES games. Those were good times.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
shakin steak
Derk wrote:
importing threads from Retro Junk isn't going to make this place any better

Fair point, although not what I meant

Quote Disable Sigs
Derk
My apologies. I thought that's what you meant.

I'll go sit in the dunce corner now.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic

Who says the Blockbuster fun has to end just because the stores have closed?

Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Benjanime

blockbuster was still around during the amanda show, and i guess it's no surprise that the business got parodied.

Quote Disable Sigs

Go to page: