You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Retro T.V. & Movies » The Simpsons - in real life
shakin steak
In 2006, British TV network Sky One recreated The Simpsons opening with live action.  You can see the video here.

I think a low budget prevented a completely faithful reproduction.  As Homer leaves work, the nuclear rod definitely does not bounce into his shirt (yet he finds it later).  When Lisa is in the music room, they clearly have an adult playing her (I guess they couldn't get a kid to play sax and dance that well).

Despite the obvious, albeit minor, shortcomings, this is what we really wanted as kids.  When the show premiered, I was the same age as Bart.  So besides taking America by absolute storm in general, it was extremely exciting to me and my friends.  We speculated endlessly on the movie that was surely forthcoming, and ultimately decided that it must not be animated.  It would demand live action, in order to be something greater than a mere long episode of the show.  We recognized that the translation would be difficult (how to bring Marge or Lisa's hair into real world without looking like cardboard or six pounds of hair gel each? to say nothing of Mr Burns's dome and hook nose) but glossed over these issues, confident that the movie people could do it.

So thanks Sky One, for bringing my childhood musings to life.  I guess the franchise is better off without live action in its canon. 

On the other hand, it's worse with the past 10-15 seasons.  Maybe a live action movie would have killed the series in its prime.  And I love horrific adaptations like the Super Mario Bros. movie.  Hmm...somebody get me my time machine.  I'm going to go tell Matt Groening to do this in 1994.

Mr Magic
I've seen the Simpsons in real life. Here's Lisa.

Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87

thecrow174 wrote :<
I've seen the Simpsons in real life. Here's Lisa.

EEEK!!!
Now that's just scary.

I think they could recreate them realistically these days. Look at the way they recreated Gargamel in the Smurfs films. Pretty good adaptation there.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
If you think Lisa looks hideous, you don't wanna see how Marge and the others look.
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

blueluigi
How about this?

Quote Disable Sigs
arizvega

blueluigi wrote :

How about this?

LOL HAHAHA!
Quote Disable Sigs
WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA....
Mr Magic