You will
never be
forgotten.
Military Kids

OFFICIAL

Unmasked

RETRORATING: 12

Forum » Chew The Fat » RetroJunk on the mend?
Vaporman87
Vertex lives!!!

As you probably know, he is setting his sights on redesigning the site (again), but this time he's going backwards in time...

Not quite what it once was, but man, that's a sight for sore eyes. I for one am happy to see it coming.

Quote Disable Sigs

You love this signature.

ThatDudeintheHoodie
I like the look. Can't wait to see it in action.
Quote Disable Sigs
Mr Magic
RJ lives!!!
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

vkimo
There's still so many things that places needs fixing on. Sadly all of those things were in place before the redesign. It will never be as good as it once was.

I guess I'll have to watch RetroDaze continually improve, reach it's apex, then witness Vapor overhaul it into something unrecognizable too
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
vkimo wrote :

I guess I'll have to watch RetroDaze continually improve, reach it's apex, then witness Vapor overhaul it into something unrecognizable too
-end quote

You all have my permission to beat me into submission if I do such a thing.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
blueluigi
I may have to consider making a Retrojunk VS RetroDaze thread if I ever see Retrojunk improving the way we all want it to.
Quote Disable Sigs
chrisno51
I miss the old RJ. It never felt the same after the current redesign. Most, including me weren't happy. It lost a lot of users and activity. I'm surprised Vertex left it as it is for this long. I look forward to seeing how it functions and looks after he's done working on it.
Quote Disable Sigs
Have a great day!
Vaporman87
chrisno51 wrote :

I miss the old RJ. It never felt the same after the current redesign. Most, including me weren't happy. It lost a lot of users and activity. I'm surprised Vertex left it as it is for this long. I look forward to seeing how it functions and looks after he's done working on it.
-end quote
To a certain extent, I can understand where he is coming from. It sounds as though he is doing all the work on his own... tweaking code, creating layouts, design elements, everything. That is a lot of work.

Problem is, it's work that should not have begun in the first place. At least, not to the extent it was done. Oh well.

At least now it sounds like he is going to be able to focus on getting it back into shape as far as aesthetics go.

He should just sell it to me and I'll give all the headaches to Moudy and Rakesh. And he can just write some articles.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
blueluigi wrote :

I may have to consider making a Retrojunk VS RetroDaze thread if I ever see Retrojunk improving the way we all want it to.
-end quote
I predict a draw between both sites.

Quote Disable Sigs

SegaFanatic
To respond to ChrisNo51, I too loved the old website for RetroJunk. All the cool graphics, the homages to the "retro" stuff, the personality it once had. See, that's what I think RetroJunk is missing the most. It lacks its once present PERSONALITY. This website has it, and is why I will stay here for a while. If only it loaded up a bit faster. Then again, maybe that's because I use Windows XP...
Quote Disable Sigs
Do the frog!

~ Super Mario Bros. 3 [DiC]
Mr Magic
Wow, Vertex was a hero once, now he's an enemy!
Quote Disable Sigs

Go to page: