You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Retro Products » Legos
Mr Magic
Remember the countless hours making ships and other stuff out of these little blocks?

Quote Disable Sigs

"Magic can happen to you."

jprc10
I never owned any Legos myself, but my older cousin had plenty and I remember going to his house and playing with them. Building swords was my favorite thing to do with them, or a house.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
I spent most of my time with Legos attempting to build a working robot. Unfortunately, imagination and desire are not that effective at bringing autonomy to a stack of Legos. )
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
arizvega
Ha! I used too play with those
In fact i still do...
Quote Disable Sigs
WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA....
Benjanime
i had two cardboard boxes full of legos, including those terrain lego pieces. i also had this bulky black block that had a red light that would blink by pressing a button. not sure what it was for...
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
Fuzz
  • By Fuzz
  • At 14:38 On 22 April 2013
  • 79 Posts
  • New Kid On The Block
I remember my grandmother had a box of legos at here house that I would play with every time I was there.

My son likes legos, but nowadays just looking at the prices makes me cringe!
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87

Fuzz wrote :
I remember my grandmother had a box of legos at here house that I would play with every time I was there.

My son likes legos, but nowadays just looking at the prices makes me cringe!

I know exactly what you mean. Right now, my two sons are big into Star Wars legos, and they are outrageously priced. Legos themselves are expensive, but then you go adding a product license to them, and they become like gold.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Vaporman87
Well, today was the Star Wars celebration, "May the Fourth (be with you)". In recognition of this, Toys 'R Us had a special between 12:00 and 2:00 where you could come in and gather the necessary pieces to build a special one-of-a-kind Lego Star Wars ship.

We took the kids there today to experience it and came away with 5 free Lego ships... and about $150 bucks worth of EXTRA stuff. Those promotional brainiacs sure know how to get you in to spend some money!

Here are some photos I took while there:

The table with boxes containing all the pieces you need for the ship. You gather them up in a tiny baggy and take them to another table to assemble the ship.

My wife assists two of my children assembling the ship. Later these can be torn apart and strewn on the floor for me to step on and wonder what the heck I was thinking.

The finished product.

The TRU employee who was overseeing the customers while they were there said he had probably 50 or so families come in for the event.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
shakin steak
Vaporman87 wrote :
Later these can be torn apart and strewn on the floor for me to step on and wonder what the heck I was thinking.

lol

Vaporman87 wrote :
I spent most of my time with Legos attempting to build a working robot. Unfortunately, imagination and desire are not that effective at bringing autonomy to a stack of Legos. )

Of course, now with Mindstorms it's totally possible. I've never played with those but it's pretty cool that's available now. Maybe I will sometime, add it to the list of 500 projects on my docket...one thing I kind of don't like is so many lego sets now that are very specific. You can get kits to make a Death Star or whatever, that have all the pieces needed to do so and only those and they can't really be used for much else. I'm like, if you want to make a model, get a model kit where the finished result isn't for disassembly. Eah, I'm kind of rambling now but the Hairy Pooter legos and such are just a little mystifying to me. When I was growing up just having legos with moving wheels was crazy. On the other hand should the progress really be a bad thing?
Vaporman87 wrote :

my two sons are big into Star Wars legos, and they are outrageously priced
Well, whose fault is that? )
Quote Disable Sigs
AceNThaHole
I missed getting a free Star Wars ship

That sucks
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
AceNThaHole wrote :
I missed getting a free Star Wars ship

That sucks

The ship is apparently the one that is flown by a characater known as "JEK 14". He must have a pivotal role in the upcoming Cartoon Network series featuring Lego Star Wars, titled "The Yoda Chronicles". It is only a miniature version though, because looking at the way the ship as built for the series compared to what we were given, there are numerable differences (the series ship looks way cooler).
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Go to page: