never be
forgotten.
Foods Long Gone:  The Sequel

RETRORATING: 13

Christmas Yuleogy

CONTEST WINNER!

Forum » Retro People & Events » Best retro comedians
DoctorRyan
I use to love stand up comedy back in the 80's and 90's.  The way that some of these guys use to take every day life and bring it to the stage was fantastic.  Some of my favorites was George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, Sam Kinison, and Bill Cosby.  Here is a clip from Bill Cosby Himself (1983).

Quote Disable Sigs

For more on my journey: http://doctorryanb1.blogspot.com/

Newest Article: Doctor Ryan Plays: Ultima I:

Mr Magic
Henny Youngman and Jeff Foxworthy.

My favorite album.

Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Vaporman87
Their were indeed some great comedians in those days. Though I really did not like Bill Cosby's stand up.  I could handle him on primetime television... but his stand up (to me) was extremely boring and unfunny. I didn't care for Carlin or Murphy mainly because they were too foul. But some of their jokes are forever classics.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
bklynbren
Def Comedy Jam showcased a lot of my favorite comedians.
Quote Disable Sigs
vkimo
I was too young to catch these guys in their prime. However looking them up on Youtube I was surprised at how vulgar Eddie Murphy was, more so than contemporaries like Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock. I rarely find standup in general funny but more so insightful. I don't get how someone can attend standup and bust a gut at every joke for an hour. Must be the alcohol. Bill Hicks was pretty good too.
Quote Disable Sigs
ThatDudeintheHoodie
Eddie Murphy and Micheal Winslow
Quote Disable Sigs
DoctorRyan
I think back in the day when I use to watch a lot of these guys on HBO when I was kid,  I was just shocked and entranced at the same time because of the language.  But I still got most of jokes, Eddie Murphy Raw is another one of my favorites, more for the topics he brought to the stage.  And if you think these guys were potty mouthed go watch a Richard Pryor concert.  Geez.
Quote Disable Sigs

For more on my journey: http://doctorryanb1.blogspot.com/

Newest Article: Doctor Ryan Plays: Ultima I:
Vaporman87
Louie Anderson, Tim Allen, Steven Wright and Howie Mandel all had pretty good stand up acts in the 80's.

Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Vaporman87
It appears "The Cos" is getting another show on television...
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Mr Magic
Bill Cosby is accused of being a rapist. I didn't know about this until a few days ago. Did anyone else know this?
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

shakin steak
Yes, I've heard about it before.

Vaporman87 wrote :
Bill Cosby's stand up boring and unfunny. Carlin or Murphy too foul.
-end quote

Man, you are picky!

Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: