You will
never be
forgotten.
Forum » Classifieds » WTB: Nintendo games, etc.
shakin steak
Alright, I have staved off the compulsion as long as possible. Many years ago, I stupidly gave away my Nintendo and all the games. I want them back. Anybody here want to sell me NES games? Tell me what you got and we can work out prices. I like manuals and boxes, but if you don't have them that's fine.

Also interested in SNES games, but that's a much shorter list.

Also interested in memorabilia, like "Now you're playing with power" poster or old Nintendo Power issues.

Vaporman87
I have some things you might be interested in. I'll dig out my stuff when time permits, and if you like any of them I can list them in the classifieds for you.

Also, I really like the Nintendo cartridge art...
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
shakin steak
Cool. And thanks about the pic. I wanted to include it in the OP here and/or correct the size in the ad but I can't?
Quote Disable Sigs
vkimo
Man, I just sold Maniac Mansion with the Poster on eBay. I got Ghosts N' Goblins with the manual if interested.
Quote Disable Sigs
shakin steak
Hm! Would you send that to me for $11 including shipping?

The only point and click Nintendo game I could ever play was Shadowgate. So I'm glad you sold Maniac Mansion to someone else.
Quote Disable Sigs
vkimo
I have it on eBay and I think I can get 15$ for it. If it sits around for awhile with no action and you're still interested I will.
Quote Disable Sigs
shakin steak
That definitely works for me. The prices on eBay are what's kept me from doing this. Even the price I offered is a little higher than I want to go. But I felt bad saying any less since you're already there. In which case you should get what you can for sure.
Quote Disable Sigs
vkimo
eBay and NES games are ruthless. Manuals sell alone for3$ up depending on what game they're for. It's pretty much impossible to get a deal on there. Better off lucking out at garage sales. I've scored about 7 huge NES finds from thrift stores and garage sales in the last 4 years.

One time Goodwill had a silent auction for around 50 NES games that were all in the original boxes WITH manuals. I put 75$ as my max bid and my goofy girlfriend (Now wife) put a bid in behind my back at 100$ So she got a call she won the auction. I was flabbergasted and to top it off she had no money so I still got it but paid 25$ more!

I sell mostly everything I find though but still keep the gleanings and have a pretty decent NES collection.

Oh and I almost forgot try http://shopgoodwill.com/  sometimes you can get slightly better deals than eBay although this site has caught on in recent years and the prices are almost on par with the standard market.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
I'm certain that vkimo has some kind of mob-like connections with the world of thrift store owners.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
NLogan
Just because it hits the donation drop off doesn't mean it hits the sales floor. I personally believe he has an inside guy to buy direct from that is his buddy that works the dock at the donations drop off or something.

Gives the guy the regular price plus slips him a PEZ every now and then to keep him happy. He probably has to grease palms up and down the food chain with the manager getting a hefty Wendy's Frosty gift certificates pack monthly.

I have it on good authority that he has been known to give Outback Steakhouse gift cards when necessary.

Tells 'em all to spread the word on the shifts, "if it looks retro call vkimo!"
Quote Disable Sigs
vkimo
You'll never catch me Tracer, I'm too light on my toes

I actually considered working at the local thrift store. If I could be the first to sort donations and work a system out with a "customer" picking up all the stuff I put out, I could make a decent living
Quote Disable Sigs
Go to page: