You will
never be
forgotten.
Retro Thrifting

RETRORATING: 13

Pizza Hut Promotions

RETRORATING: 20

Forum » Chew The Fat » What things from the 2000s will people be nostalgic about one day?
Superman
What shows and movies from 2000-2010 do you think people will feel nostalgic about one day? Personally, I think the first couple of Spider-Man and X-Men movies will still be fondly remembered in the years to come. Is there anything that was popular then that you think will be forgotten about before too long?

Mr Magic
iPods
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

Benjanime
i know some who are already finding the ps2 as a memory
Quote Disable Sigs

3DS Friend Code: 4124-6332-4341
Name: Benji
Nintendo Network ID: Benjamillion
PSN account ID: benjanime
blueluigi
I'm actually getting pretty nostalgic for some things from that decade myself. Like, for instance, some of the music I've listened to during that time (Evanescence, Green Day, etc.) was played on a SiriusXM station at my college campus. Also, some games for the PS2 and Gamecube have been making me feel pretty nostalgic myself.

The early days of Youtube is another factor that I think has some 2000s nostalgia factor. Especially that pixelated 240p quality look.
Quote Disable Sigs
Superman
blueluigi wrote :

I'm actually getting pretty nostalgic for some things from that decade myself. Like, for instance, some of the music I've listened to during that time (Evanescence, Green Day, etc.) was played on a SiriusXM station at my college campus. Also, some games for the PS2 and Gamecube have been making me feel pretty nostalgic myself.

The early days of Youtube is another factor that I think has some 2000s nostalgia factor. Especially that pixelated 240p quality look.
-end quote

There are some things from the early part of the decade that make me nostalgic, too. I don't feel as nostalgic towards those things as I do for stuff from before that decade, but there is a tiny bit of a nostalgic feeling there.
Quote Disable Sigs
pikachulover
Bratz dolls, Glee, Neopets, Littlest Pet Shop bobble heads, the early 2000s anime fad, shows like the office and Arrested Development, pop punk music, emo music, scene kids, Disney channel movies and shows like High School Musical and Hannah Montana, vampires and Reggaeton.

I've already seen a nostalgia Bratz blog. I think you can see some 2000s nostalgia when you watch those react videos.
Quote Disable Sigs
Vaporman87
The only things I'll be nostalgic about from that decade will be major life events... meeting and then marrying my wife, having our first three children, moving into our new home, etc.
Quote Disable Sigs
You love this signature.
Rick Ace Rhodes
Movie wise I would say things like the Spider-Man movies, or Pixar movies from the decade (excluding Cars and Ratatouille). I don't know much about shows, maybe stuff like Avatar since that was pretty big, or a lot of the shows from Cartoon Network.

The video game consoles from the first half are already nostalgic, like the PS2 or Gamecube. You also saw the final Gameboy released during this time. 

As a 2000's kid myself, I have to admit I do kind of miss it.
Quote Disable Sigs
*Insert funny signature here*
Mr Magic
Two and a Half Men
Quote Disable Sigs
"Magic can happen to you."

echidna64
Boy bands
Emo Music
Brittney Spears
Reality TV shows
Kim Kardashian
The Star Wars prequels

Okay I might be lying 

Quote Disable Sigs
Rick Ace Rhodes
echidna64 wrote :

Boy bands
Emo Music
Brittney Spears
Reality TV shows
Kim Kardashian
The Star Wars prequels

Okay I might be lying 

-end quote
People kind of are looking at the Star Wars prequels in a different light then they did when they were first released. James Rolfe highlighted this in a video released a few months ago. Granted, no one is calling them the greatest movies of all time, but people are re-evaluating them differently compared to just how hated they were when they were first released.
Quote Disable Sigs
*Insert funny signature here*
Go to page: